I’m working on a content creation engine program for SaaS companies. As I’ve been gathering my thoughts on what makes a great content engine, I’ve hit on five things you need to know first BEFORE you start publishing.
- Who are you writing for? Who is your audience? What are the personas?
- What topics do those people care about and how do those relate to your product?
- What kinds of content do you want to create (blog posts, podcasts, webinars, white papers, video, etc.)
- Where will you publish the content? Sure your own blog is seems obvious, but what about social media, forums, and other places where your customers are?
- What are your goals? Leads? Thought leadership? Brand awareness? Education?
Once you have these five things nailed down and documented in a strategy (even content strat lite is fine to start), you can look at:
If you’re interested in being one of the first companies to get access to my new program, leave a comment below. I’m planning on rolling out v1 in mid-March.